About the Firm
Proven Attorney Handles Your Real Estate Concerns
Real estate attorney serving global clients for decades
Firm delivers strong counsel on a range of property issues
Leonard S. Levine is a Graduate of Harvard Law School Cum Laude. Following graduation in 1959 and after clerkships with the United States Court of Appeals and a major NYC law firm, attorney Levine has been actively engaged in real estate transactions both as a developer and an attorney. He managed a company that developed 32 shopping centers in 32 states, handling the acquisition of sites, zoning approvals, construction and leasing. He has also represented as legal counsel such notable clients as L3Technologies, Inc, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Savin Corporation and Loral Space & Communications Corporation
Real estate matters can present a challenge to individuals and businesses, but knowledgeable legal guidance clarifies complex rules and protects valuable investments. For decades, my firm, Leonard S. Levine, Attorney at Law, has delivered this type of counsel to clients. For assistance with a residential or commercial transaction, a land use issue or any other real estate concern, you can rely on me to offer a thorough assessment of your options. From there, I’ll work diligently to help you accomplish your objectives and protect your property investment.
Established lawyer advises on residential and commercial issues
As a Harvard-educated attorney who has extensive experience finding practical solutions for clients, I can help you overcome current obstacles and plan for future needs. Whether your real estate matter is straightforward or highly complex, you can trust my counsel, which is:
- Strongly recommended — Professional colleagues along with the individuals and businesses I’ve represented frequently refer my firm when someone they know requires a qualified real estate attorney.
- Cost-effective — Whether you’re buying or selling a home or considering an investment property, unnecessary costs can turn a promising transaction into a loss. My firm maintains affordable rates and concentrates on building long-term relationships based on mutual trust.
- Responsive — No two parcels are identical, and each owner has unique objectives for the purchase, sale or use of a property. Before taking action, I’ll answer all of your questions and learn exactly what your goals are.
My firm has real estate expertise, problem solving skills, years of experience, service availability and negotiating skills to help you.
The primary areas of practice for the firm are: Tenant Representation: Owner Representation: Retail Store Transactions; Residential Property Transactions; and Government Incentive Programs.
Please visit the Profile and Practice Descriptions.
In an initial consultation, I can assess your situation and outline the steps that need to be taken in order to reach a favorable resolution.
Areas of Practice
Skillful advocate assists with landlord-tenant, zoning and HOA cases
My firm advises clients throughout New York on real estate
matters relating to:
- Tenant representation — The firm represents Tenants in all of their real property transactions, including leasing or buying new facilities and disposing and selling facilities.
- Owner representation — The firm represents owners of real property in the acquisition, approvals, construction, financing and leasing of facilities, as well as the disposition and sale of properties.
- Retail store representation — The firm represents both owners and Tenants in the leasing of retail stores as well as representing owners in the acquisition, approvals, construction and leasing of retail shopping centers and stores.
- Residential property transactions — The firm represents buyers of homes in connection with the review and revision of Realtor Representation Agreements and Purchase and Sale agreements as well as mortgage financing documents. It also reviews and advises the buyer on any issues arising in the Title Report. The firm represents owners of residential properties in connection the negotiation and review of Listing Agreements, and the preparation of Purchase and Sale Agreements and Closing Documents.
- Government incentive programs — The firm works with a government incentive programs consultant and the Tenant’s tax consultant to determine which programs are available to the Tenant in connection with a proposed development project. And the firm then prepares and reviews the documents necessary to comply with the incentive program requirements.
- Residential and commercial real estate — I handle all aspects of residential and commercial real estate representation, including assistance with transactions and landlord-tenant disputes.
- Land use and zoning law — If you have a land use or zoning concern, my firm will outline the relevant standards and help you pursue the necessary authorization from the pertinent governing board.
- Eminent domain — During eminent domain proceedings, I work to resolve questions of whether a proper public use exists and disagreements over fair market value.
- Condominium and homeowners association law — My firm offers knowledgeable advice on the complicated and often contentious rules established by condominium and homeowners associations. I advocate for boards as well as condo owners and unit owners in residential communities governed by HOAs.
- Title insurance — Questions about the chain of ownership can threaten the value of your property. For title insurance advice and related tasks, you can rely on me to deliver sound counsel.
No matter what type of property issue you have, I provide personalized attention and detailed representation in developing a comprehensive strategy tailored to your unique needs.
Contact a knowledgeable New York real estate attorney for a consultation
Leonard S. Levine, Attorney at Law represents clients from Westchester County and the surrounding areas in a wide range of real estate matters. Please call 914-362-1110 or contact me online
to arrange a consultation.